· Be a mystery shopper and apply to join your own charity - now apply to 3 others and compare the response you get
· Make sure that there is a telephone follow up to every applicant
· Make sure that the information you send always arrives the next day
· Always use distressed space in local papers
· Give an interesting talk at your local groups
· Post invitations in the street where you are – keep it local
· Reward and thank your volunteers every 4 months
· Use the piggyback to spread the word
· Use talent cards to break the ice
All of these skills in ten free tips are explained in detail in the book
- how to recruit and keep volunteers. The
for instance is a wonderful way to use your existing suppliers to bring in new applications to be a volunteer in your charity. For example, there are several designs of the Talent Card for you to download.
Subscribe to our free newsletter now. "Nearly a Newsletter" is packed with more great ideas. We remind you about Volunteering Week and more. We send you great ideas to boost your recruitment. And it is free.